Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Laundry Soap Recipe

A few months ago , my favoriote Pagan Podcast host Sparrow from the Wigglian Way posted on her Facebook that she was going to start selling home made laundry soap powder. This facinated me because I was getting into this whole "I wanna make EVERYTHING" kick. So I started looking up recipes for laundry powder online. Its so simple , But really most great secrets are that simple :)





Here's what you need:











  • BORAX(Found it/Got it at Target here in MN)







  • ARM AND HAMMER WASHING SODA (Found it/Got it at Cub )







  • BAR OF SOAP- Suggested , Ivory, Fels Naptha , The more basic/Natural the better( I used Dr.Bronner's Magic Soap- Found in Spa/Makeup isle at Target).







  • Cheese Grater to grind up the bar of soap







  • Plastic Cereal Container


Thats it. No seriously... that's it!








































The original Recipe I found called for One Cup of Borax, One Cup of Washing Soda and a Bar of Soap gound up. Mix it in a bowl with a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes.






I made a double batch .






I use anywhere from 3TBSP per load to a 1/4 cup, It all depends on what I'm washing.






The first load I washed was white towels, and I DID NOT use any fabic softener and they came out fluffy and nice.








Lately I've really gotten tired of OVER PERFUMAGE ( yes I make up my own words) of things. Half the time I can't even smell what its supposed to smell like. All I smell are the chemicals and cheap additives they use to preserve the "FRESH SCENT". How about It just not smelling like arm pits and feet. Cause really that's all we are looking for when it comes to our clothes smelling fresh.






Now the real test will be when one of my kids comes inside covered in mud or grass stains. I guess time will tell.









































3 comments:

  1. Awesome! As soon as I can find some I will do it too! It's gotta be cheaper than Tide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MUCH MUCH MUCH Cheaper, The most expencive thing was the Cereal Container and the Cheese Grater. Borax is cheap, Washing Soda is cheap. The soap was like $4.00, but that's because I wanted organic lavender soap to fru fru it up !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring me a cup of it and I'll let you know if it works.. I have lots of friends that make the homemake products and love them..

    ReplyDelete