Wednesday, May 4, 2011

How to make your Dyson work like its brand new!







I wanted to originally try to post things that EVERYONE can do. This post happends to be a special exception.





I have a Dyson Vaccum. I love it, sometimes more then most people should love a vaccum. After about 6 months of regular use, I began to notice that it wasnt quite getting as good of a job done.




I use this thing sometimes in upwards of 3-5 times a day.




I have kids... I have cats... I have a Minnesota winter that brings the beach indoors every winter.

I realize that not everyone has a spiffy vaccume like this, but if you do this will help keep it running like its brand new!




What you will need :




  • Torx 15 Screw Driver























    Looks like this




  • Paper towels



  • Baby bottle Brush




  • Possbily a Hair Dryer if you want to do a speed cleaning.



Step One : Remove canister from the vaccum





























Step Two: Open and remove two filters from the top of the canister



















Step Three: Remove the screws with the Torx 15 screwdriver.



Step Four: Remove the White Plastic top of the cyclone canister.



Underneath the white plastic top there is black rubber washer type thingy, I dont know what its called. Shown in the next photo






















Pull this piece out too.



Now your left with the cyclone assembly ready to be cleaned.

















Here's a shot from the bottom of the canister, Look how nasty mine was before I rinsed it out... BARF!!


Step 5: Rinse, and Rinse and Rinse till you think you can't rinse no more through the top of the cyclone part, Then... Flip it over and rinse it again and again from the bottom. Yes, This is gross, but it will be worth it. Then take the baby bottle brush and scrub out each of the cyclone tubes then rinse again. I use the kitchen sink because of the sprayer blasts all the dust and crud out.
Once you have thoroughly washed out the cyclone part of the canister, then rinse and clean out the clear can part of the canister. Lay out paper towels and let them DRY OVER NIGHT!!!





I WILL NOT BE RESPONCIBLE FOR YOU BREAKING YOUR VACCUM!!!!





SO LET IT DRY!!





But if you are the impatient type... THEN AT YOUR OWN RISK.... you can use a hair dryer on the setting with no heat to dry it. BUT..... and that's a BIG BUT..... I AM NOT RESPOCIBLE FOR YOU BREAKING YOUR VACCUM, or electricuting yourself! MKAY..... GOT IT... GOOD!



Now, Remember those two filters from the begining of this "How To". Rinse those out as well and let those air dry for at least 12 hours and or overnight.






When everything is dry, Re-assemble and Enjoy!





I recommend cleaning out the Dyson every few months. It keeps it running like its brand new.





Also if you happend to see one of these little lovely's at a Pawn Shop ( I've seen MANY !!)



SUPER CHEAP compaired to brand new retail price.




You now know how to properly clean it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment